Sensory Technologist (Global QA)
Bavaria (www.bavaria.nl) is one of the oldest family-owned companies in the Netherlands and is active in over 120 countries worldwide. They are specialized in the production and sales of beer, non-alcoholic drinks, barley and grain extracts. Bavaria employs around 1,000 people in total, both national and international. Under the management of the Swinkels family, beer has been brewed in accordance with a unique family recipe for seven generations, at the Bavaria Brewery in the south of the Netherlands. Next to the brewery in Lieshout, they have 3 more breweries in the Benelux and a completely new brewery in Ethiopia. Pure ingredients are the basis for quality, which is why Bavaria is brewed using natural mineral water and barley that has been malted in-house. Bavaria has the ambition to keep growing for the coming years and to be expanded to multiple continents by 2020. You are going to be part of the Global Quality team that strives for the highest level of quality and efficiency in all breweries. To strengthen this team we are searching for a new colleague with plenty of initiative in the position of Sensory Technologist (Ambitious young professional with passion for sensory and FMCG).
- Responsible for coordinating, running and improving sensory tests for the Global QC team and interpreting and reporting the results to monitor and improve the overall quality of the products
- Pro-actively screening and maintaining sensory panels at the breweries in The Netherlands, Belgium and Ethiopia
- Developing and implementing methodologies for sensory testing to provide input for renovation and productivity projects in collaboration with R&D, Quality and Production
- Executing triangle tests with panels
- Setting up appropriate test protocols with the QC Manager for sensory tests
- Working closely together with colleagues from Quality, R&D, Production and Marketing
- Supporting the Global Quality team with several other projects and reporting to the Global QC Manager in Lieshout (NL).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Technology, Nutrition, Food & Business or equivalent
- 1-3 year relevant work experience, ideally in a FMCG environment
- Competency in the field of sensory evaluation and consumer appreciation
- Knowledge and understanding of statistics related to data handling an preferably experience with sensory data software
- Challenged by working in a professional, dynamic, commercially and internationally driven
- Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate on different levels in both Dutch and English
- Personal skills: pro-active, pragmatic, innovation drive, growth potential, creative, analytically strong, business minded and self-motivating.
We outsourced this vacancy to DUPP Recruitment. You can apply by sending an email with your resume and motivation letter to Michiel@dupp.nl.